Mental Health is something that has been getting more and more attention in recent years, and rightly so. Anxiety is just one of the most common issues that you could be facing today. Anxiety can manifest in a number of ways, and can often be incredibly debilitating. Thankfully, there are things you can do to help ease the effects of anxiety. Here are seven tips to help eradicate anxiety.
1. Reach Out to Friends and Family: It's so important to remember that you are never alone. Surrounding yourself with people who understand and care about you can be incredibly comforting when anxiety arises. Lean on your loved ones and build a support system.
2. Gratefulness: According to neuroscientists, the ones that study that blob in your head, gratefulness releases several neurotransmitters. One being dopamine which is what Wellbutrin does, and serotonin, which Prozac does. But it’s not only finding several things to be grateful for, the power is in the searching!
3. Take Time for Self Care: Anxiety can often be overwhelming, but taking time for yourself to recharge is important. Find activities that you enjoy that bring you joy, and make time for yourself.
4. Get Professional Help: If you find that anxiety is causing problems in your daily life, then seeking professional help from a mental health therapist can be immensely beneficial. Therapy is a great way to help alleviate some of the symptoms of anxiety.
5. Take Time for Nature: Nature is so important for physical and mental health. Taking time for nature helps to center and ground the body. Being out in the sunshine and fresh air can make all the difference.
6. Move Your Body: Moving the body is a great way to help ease anxiety. Regular physical exercise helps to increase endorphins, decrease stress hormones, and helps with concentration.
7. Talk It Out: A big part of alleviating anxiety is learning how to process emotions. Talking to friends and family or a mental health therapist is a great way to learn how to do that. Taking the time to reflect on what triggers your anxiety and working to make changes to prevent it can be incredibly beneficial.
Anxiety can be a difficult and debilitating condition. By following these steps, women can learn to better cope with their anxiety and create a more healthy and positive outlook on life.